Welcome to my Blog

From here I will be telling and showing everyone what I'm up to whilst travelling through India and volunteering my time with children and local communities in Nepal. Flying out to Delhi on the 17th October and returning from Kolkata on the 6th April 2008.

So come anytime, to see how I'm getting on and read some great stories, view wonderful pictures and maybe some video too... :0)

Friday 18 January 2008

Bandipur Festival




Well, we had a rather interesting festival occur here on the weekend of 14th December, the 'Bandipur Festival'. It was mainly set up to promote the town for tourism. There were lots of flags put up in the main street and many stalls in the big open space called Thundikel. But that was about it, the stalls didn't have much to offer some interesting Newari food and some very funny hygiene stalls demonstrating why people shouldn't poo in fields or water, you can see in the picture of the poster above, they get straight to the point.

I don't know how but they managed to get an elephant up here as the picture demonstrates above, it squeezing under the banners and flags, the kids loved it. Also, I had to post the picture of me walking with some of the boys, because it really makes me look like a giant, even though I should know that by now 

No comments: