Welcome to my Blog

From here I will be telling and showing everyone what I'm up to whilst travelling through India and volunteering my time with children and local communities in Nepal. Flying out to Delhi on the 17th October and returning from Kolkata on the 6th April 2008.

So come anytime, to see how I'm getting on and read some great stories, view wonderful pictures and maybe some video too... :0)

Friday 19 October 2007

My second day!!



I'm very lucky at the moment have a great internet cafe right by the hotel. There is one in the hotel, but it's not so good. So I'm able to blog every day so far.

Today's a lot better all round, finally done some sightseeing and not so much hassle from people and even if they do, they're pretty harmless, and I've worked out that the best thing to do is say hello to them in Hindi and smile. Gets the best reaction, 'A smile goes a long way' :)

Hi Bec's, in response to your ? The temperature is just right, not overpowering, a surprisingly comfortable 32 degrees. And as for the food, so far it's been very nice and so cheap. Last night I had a lentil curry, plain rice, naan bread and a mint tea all for the crazy price of 50p.

Today I've been to the large Red fort, India's largest mosque, where myself and another traveler were the only non locals in a restaurant and we ate with only our right hand and no cutlery, so much fun, just like being a kid. We were constantly being looked at by other diners, some with blank faces, others with smiles.

The afternoon was great, we walked up some amazing, hustling and bustling streets(checkout the pics). One of the best bits was going to the Spice Market, the smells were so overpowering, what an experience, I'd recommend anyone going to Delhi to go their!

As for the cows Clare, they seem to be treated just like us humans and they don't seem to belong to anyone, well at least that's how it seems. They just roam the streets and do what they like, people put buckets of water out for them.

Hopefully I can get some pictures up, but having problems with this computer, let wait and see! :)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hi Lee, I can see you are well, that is good news, keep in your postings it is like a little trip for those stuck in here, you are not missing much....keep in having such an amazing time, the place is unbelievably beautiful.
Lots of love
Ruth