Welcome to my Blog

From here I will be telling and showing everyone what I'm up to whilst travelling through India and volunteering my time with children and local communities in Nepal. Flying out to Delhi on the 17th October and returning from Kolkata on the 6th April 2008.

So come anytime, to see how I'm getting on and read some great stories, view wonderful pictures and maybe some video too... :0)

Monday 29 October 2007

Kool Kathmandu




A few days have past and I can say, as expected, I'm very happy to be Nepal. The difference between India & Nepal is obvious, everything here is that little bit calmer. There are a lot less people in your face and they expect less from you. Of course there are still beggers, people trying to get you into shops and selling drugs, but all of that is a greatly reduced version of what I experienced in India, so it doesn't bother me at all :)

I have to cut this blog short for the minute as I need to go to a nepalese lesson. This blog is just to let you know I'm well Mum & Dad and I'll try to phone you very soon!! :)

Hello again, I'm just quickly updating this blog with some pics and to let you all know, it's going to be hard for me to get to the internet over the coming weeks. So I may not be posting for a while as where I'm going is beautiful but small and may not have internet. But just to let you all know that Nepal is great, already seeing the laughter and fun in people especially children. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

I hope all is going well with you all back home. I'm sorry if I can't reply to emails or any blogs, the time here in Nepal so far is very busy with the volunteer group. But I'll hopefully be in touch in the coming weeks :)

One final word for my Mum, thank you for your message, I'm missing you and Dad lots, I hope your Ireland trip went well and like I said, I'll try and ring when I get the chance, lots and lots of Love xxx :)

2 comments:

leenepal said...

Hi Lee great to hear you are having such a good time it seems to be such a good experience and you are meeting some good people now you are in Kathmandu i hope you have a fab time and i cant wait to hear from you Love you loads and miss you x x x LOVE MUM

cousin liz said...

Hi Lee, how amazing your journey seems so far we're jealous of your travels and we look foward to reading more...loads of love from auntie maureen, unkle david and you cousin liz lots of love x x